SPATS are evolving...
LOVE FORESTS . LOVE RUBBER . LOVE SPATS .
In 2020 we committed to making SPATS rubber boots as sustainable as possible.
This meant moving production closer to home and adopting a more circular approach to producing rubber boots. We have also made design improvements too to ensure that SPATS are even more comfortable and long-lasting.
We will be crowdfunding the next production order of SPATS and will be offering a discount of up to 40% to earlybird customers. CLICK HERE to be put on the pre-order earlybird mailing list to ensure you don’t miss the launch event, or email us directly: earlybird [at] spats-boots.com
- We will be relaunching SPATS boots with the highest percentage of sustainable tree rubber (that's 80% by the way) and up to 10% recycled rubber.
- We will only work with factories who are fully transparent about their supply chains, i.e. they only use rubber producers who can guarantee that their plantations are sustainably managed and do not contribute to deforestation. We have joined the Fair Rubber association.
- We will be moving production closer to home. We have partnered with two new factories, one in Europe and one Sri Lanka. Both factories adhere to strict environmental and ethical workplace policies.
- We have eliminated all harmful chemicals (REACH compliant) and no animal glue will be used in the production of our rubber boots i.e. they will be 100% vegan.
- We will use recycled materials and recycle wherever possible.
- We are looking into transforming every aspect of our supply chain from lining and components through to labelling and packaging. Please bear with us - all of this takes time…
- Improving comfort: we have developed a new podiatrist-approved last (mould) which means SPATS will be even more comfortable, supportive and fit a wider variety of (human) feet.
- We will be making SPATS for men too...
- We will be producing environmentally friendly orthotic insoles for SPATS boots for added comfort (so you can go you can go the extra mile in them) and breathability.
HOW CAN I GET A PAIR?
We will be crowdfunding the next production order of SPATS and will be offering a discount of up to 40% to earlybird customers. CLICK HERE to be put on the pre-order mailing list to ensure you don’t miss the event.